How to dance over the parked cars of your creativity...
Staying and feeling creative is sometimes really HARD.
The Internet can sometimes feel a bit like we’re all in the same room and the window isn’t open and maybe you’re sat right next to the radiator, getting a hot face and wondering if there are ANY MORE SNACKS other than this weird olive thing.
So we need to play which involves -
- Making stuff that’s fun but not always well executed (Pinterest is great for this)
- Experimenting with different materials or mediums
(if you draw- write a silly poem, if you write - doodle something etc)
- Work big, create a wall of ideas
- Not being overly concerned with making the finished outcome into "a thing"
- Do anything that makes us laugh
- Actively do things that bring us small bursts of joy.
I try to create like no-one is looking, which they won’t be unless I video myself and put it online, which I might do at some point but for the purpose of this-
No-one is looking!
Which makes it easier to start.
To loosen up.